Enhanced by Technology
McMillan Education knows that our families have come to value and expect the best available interactive technological tools to assist their traverse of the modern admission landscape. We are committed to identifying, creating, customizing and utilizing the top technological tools within and beyond our industry to better serve our families seeking comprehensive educational planning services.
As part of this commitment, we have custom designed an interactive online platform called The Owl’s Nest, which delivers our signature WISE Method of Educational Planning. Each letter in the acronym WISE aligns with the reflective exercises and meaningful action items we guide you through to ensure a purposeful and successful search process. The Owl’s Nest includes:
- A personalized planning calendar driven by the WISE Assignments your McMillan Education counselor posts to help you execute your individualized timeline and seamlessly keep track of your application progress.
- College Planner Pro or School Match, where your school or college research unfolds. The Owl Boarding School Guide, a comprehensive collection of curated information on over 90 schools, is offered for those considering boarding.
- Our WISE Library of postings of timely news items and counselor correspondences.
- Our WISE Knowledge Center filled with dozens of McMillan Education articles written by our team of experts on admission-specific topics, where we share our unique experience and advice on how to navigate the application process. A specialized set of articles exists for athletic recruits, international students, and college transfer students.
- WISE Visit Evaluations that are designed to facilitate a thoughtful assessment of each school or college and are mobile-device friendly so that you can easily record and store your impressions of your school and college visits on the Owl’s Nest for future reference.
Our technological tools enhance, rather than replace, our highly personalized planning process built on our caring and committed relationships with your child and family.
The College Planner helps guide the student through the discovery and action phases of the college planning process. It gives students access to more interactive and personalized features to aid them in executing the myriad tasks that comprise the college search and application process. It also provides national admission data and interactive features that ease the drafting, editing and completion of applications.
It also offers students virtual tours, descriptive overviews, and information on majors and extracurricular programs that aid in list formation. It also compiles the hundreds of essay prompts into one place to streamline the essay drafting process. The current, curated information plays a pivotal role in our WISE Method of college planning.